Monday, October 3, 2011

Midnight's approach

My phone's not ringing, but my ears are.
Caught the bus home.
I have an unnatural fear of ceiling fans.

So this blog, this is why I call it Vices vs Virtue.
Tonight, guess which has won?

I busted into the store like a new foal,
to use the restroom before I caught the last bus home.
Got some Sweet Leaf tea so's not to feel guil-tea
for jacking their faciliteas.

They had a charge card minimum of $4, so Why not?
I snagged a bottle of Francis Coppola Malbec.
$2-something became $20-something,
I bussed it back,
and the song that took me home on my iPod?
Back on the Chain Gang.



With some smokes and some vino,
some groove on the stereo,
I pass a Monday night,
keys at the fingertips,
pen and paper for later.

Vices: 1, tonight fer shore
Virtue: 1, it's at the core

No comments:

Post a Comment