Friday, October 14, 2011

continuing saga

Cold turkey is the way to go, they say. I've been going . . uh, warm . . turkey? Warm turkey?
Shore. I'll call it that.





48 hours smoke-free here . . 26 hours there . . It was hard to be still at my usual haunt. I found myself taking a load off and from the moment I sat down I felt like a little kid raiding the cookie jar. It's a lot harder to resist when I knew that I was my own 'parent' here. Pft, what'm I gonna do, ground myself?

So I caved once, then I caved twice. 

I've done well to not beat myself up and think of myself as a doomed cancer-bound ho destined for wrinkles and perpetual grumpiness. 

On the awkward bright side, the sore throat is back so the smokes are less enjoyable!

More interesting and entertaining thoughts to follow. 
Maybe even tea tree toothpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment