Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SXSW makes me sick!

...Inadvertently, at least. 


Here I sit, 10PM, hot tea steeping at my left. Ooh la la. 



Dr Dog on Friday was SUPER cold and wet and I got blasted and I screamed and sang along with all my might. Then I worked all day Sat., then all day Sun. followed by a metal show at 29th St. and plenty of well whiskey thanks to their $1-drinks-till-midnight thing.. then worked all day Mon., Tuesday off so I tooled all over town on my bicycle and made it down to Beauty Bar for Grimy Styles. Pedaled home and crashed, woke up this morning and felt like total ass.



Whatever. I shall deal with it! 



Only, while I'm gross, I should take this sick-time and put it to good use! I am done with my bummer attitude. Oh yeah, dear bloggery,did I forget to mention that I have kept at bumming smokes, and ended up at about 7 yesterday whilst killing time all afternoon with the people I love at Spider House? Yeah. 



In this way, being sick is a blessing.
Also, Grimy Styles plays again on Saturday night at Flamingo. I shall use sick-time to rest up and be prepared to get my dancy-feet on for REAL! 
And Saturday night will mark my 4th full day smoke-free after this non-smoking sick-time, so it will be a celebratory event for SURE!






In the meantime, in keeping with digging it, I want to express how damn imperative it is to daydream all the time.


Instead of thinking about how much a sink full of dirty dishes depresses me when I'm sick... I'll think about living in a nice old house with a wraparound porch and big fragrant eucalyptus trees growing tall on the lawn... being able to transport yourself into your imagination is a great + effective tool to use when you feel like ass.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment