Friday, March 9, 2012

"Do you get dizzy on the ground?...

...Must be somethin' going around."



Dear Bloggery, my primary care physicians are Dr. Dog! Straight up AMAZING show tonight.



Before I wear out the Dr. puns, let me add that they prescribed the perfect medicine to warm up the crowd, since it was like 45 degrees and misting/raining!


Earlier today (we're talkin' like 2PM), I took a 20-30 block walk in the rain to S. House and sat outside with the few other regulars braving the frigidity. 

I was out in 50 degrees and rain and wind for like 8 straight hours! I realized Dr. Dog lyrics mention Rain a lot. 




Inside Stubb's pre-show w/ beers and bbq, my friend and I got to see the band come sit right next to us at the table by the bar. They got some food in their bellies pre-show, and they definitely used all that back-up energetic juju to fuel their set, man, they were completely amazing!



The set list was balanced real well taking their recent albums into account.. of course I got to wig out on every song from Fate, since that's the one I first heard and I've f'in loved it for evah! I'm so glad I caught their show @ The Southern in Charlottesville (VA), that show was in like Oct. '09 I think.


So now I've got the heat on full blast and ooh man... It was such a damn great show, and so great to on top of it be in NASTY weather but to not give a darn about said nasty weather. Who cares how cold and wet it is when you're up front and toasty and getting down to Dr. Dog LIVE, on the cusp of SXSW!?!?!?



And on top of all of it, I've never appreciated being warm and dry this much. Mmmm. Dee-lish!




Here's my Dr Dog midnight recuperation process! Look at this dorky girl!









\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment