Thursday, March 8, 2012

SXSW descends upon the ATX

Hey there, dear bloggery, it's approaching music craze time here in Austin. The official SXSW insanity begins in just days, and I am excited! Luckily my predictably shitty food-service-industry-slave job closes at 4 or 5 every day, so I have every single got-dang evenin' off to czech out free shows and to meander downtown and take in some people-watching!

I'm going to be armed with my crappy purple kodak digital camera!

Tomorrow night I get to see one of my ultra-faves, Dr Dog, at Stubb's outside. Anxious: It's s'pose to be in the 40s and 50s tomorrow and like misting/showering. Gross! But... as in The Ark, Dr Dog say "God - he called for rain!" And... as in recent times, Austinites say (or ought to say) BRING IT ON! Hydrate this good country!

Sunday night the plan is to look into a buddy's band at one of the usual spots; couple great bands I've seen before also playing - Sweat Lodge, Ssserpentsss; fun and free show with some other kids I know.

Tuesday = Beauty Bar: Art Invasion w/ MF-ing Grimy Styles, only The band that kept my sanity together in 2009 whilst I was slaving away in a cubicle doing fuckoff data entry for a @#$!-ing insurance agency! ECK! Grimy kept it together and kept me barefoot at all times on the floor in front of the stage at Flamingo and The Parish, I miss their shows so when they reunite perennially for stuff like SX, I celebrate.

Serendipitous: Saving money by not $moking. I haven't purchased a pack of American Spirits (or any other smokes) since about Feb. 23 or 24. Hell yeah! Granted, I've smoked about (collectively) a pack since then, bumming of course, but my lord! A pack in two weeks versus a pack in two days?? CanIgetaAmen.


Alright mang, I'm going to bed. I am very much still in love with my apt, it's been my bff.. also in love with my bike, and very much still in love with my self, since I've gotten to know myself a lot more and I've taken better care of myself than ever over the past 10 mo. or so since I got out of a suuuuper shitty relationship. So, Digging it? Yes. I am still very much digging it.

Here comes the but.. but it's not a very big 'but'.. 

But:
I am kinda squaring with this healing + knowledge + happiness I've been digging for so long lately, and I'm grumpy about not being interested in anyone.
I have too much else to be in love with, and I leave soon for the true western country anyway. I'm in love with the future, in love with the options, in love with the uncertainty, and in love with the writings of John Muir!

It's annoying to be so level-headed sometimes. This lonesomeness doesn't last long when it comes, it's just like existentialism  plus  lonesomeness, and I guess it  equals  ... staying up too late at night all self-absorbed and blogging about this stuff!

Jesus Christ! or, as I say carefully at work when the new young and religious employee is around, Cheese and Rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment