Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning-uh!

Coffee and the GNP webcams before pedaling up to work.

In 6.5 weeks I'll be going to VA to reconnect. In 8 weeks I'll be getting on the Empire Builder, and in 9.5 weeks I'll be starting my new job... but who's counting down? Who's beside-herself excited? hmm..

SXSW with its chaos and its energy really reignited my affection for this city, and it's been fueled even more since SX is over and I get to relax and know that 'my' town is back to how it's supposed to be for now. The influx is over.

SX is almost like a miniature seasonal gig for those who come from all over the world. A couple weeks in a new place, the locals apprehensive - friendly, but wary anyway. I've seen shirts that read something like "I LOVE AUSTIN! Please don't move here!"

I'm thankful to have gotten my b-day gift from the Mother Badger early in the mail - my very own 2-hour Flip camera! They've been discontinued and I wanted to snag one for my adventures because it's so easy to use. Why would Cisco stop manufacturing something so popular? Tough to say. I suspect I have a greater understanding regarding the economics of ecosystem as opposed to the economics of contemporary business.

I am approaching the cusp -- I have been two months' waiting, and I have roughly two more to go. Whee.. Over the hill!  It's almost time to start making lists - almost time to collect boxes, look into storage units, deposit all my precious LPs with Dad for safekeeping!

I glance over at my beloved bicycle and I feel like I'm abandoning a beloved pet; it doesn't know it's going to be stuck in a storage unit for several months and I feel extremely guilty. It's just lunacy, to attempt to take it up there first somehow to VA and then across on the train.

If I do join the seasonal tribe, I'll have to save up and get a car..

And there you have it! Thursday morning all! 32 in St Mary currently and almost 60 here in Austin. I won't be missing the triple-digit heat this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment